Corporate portal for ASTARTA agro-industrial complex
ASTARTA agro-industrial holding has implemented an internal corporate portal based on Microsoft SharePoint technologies.
ASTARTA has more than 230 hectares of land at its disposal, the company’s facilities process 40 thousand tons of sugar beet per day, which makes it the number one sugar producer in Ukraine. The number of cows is 24 thousand heads, and the biogas complex capacity is 150 thousand m3 per day.
Industry: Agro-industrial holding
Customer size: Large (1,000 – 9,999 employees)
Astarta-Kyiv is one of the largest vertically integrated agro-industrial holdings in Ukraine. The main areas of activity include agriculture, sugar production, animal husbandry, soybean processing and bioenergy.
Software and services
ASTARTA production facilities
Serving this scale requires a large staff. For example, during the season, the number of employees reaches almost 10 thousand. They are located in 9 regions of Ukraine, some of them are literally in the fields. Therefore, maintaining common corporate values and developing corporate culture are not trivial tasks.
In ASTARTA, there was a need to introduce an internal corporate portal, the main goal of which was the formation of the corporate culture of employees. The main requirements for the solution were as follows:
- Quick informing of employees, including those who do not have accounts.
- Differential access to the news feed.
- Management of internal company events by employees of the HR department.
- Non-material staff motivation.
- Portal implementation in a short time.
Solution of the request
SMART business developed a solution based on Microsoft SharePoint technologies, which allowed the client to implement the necessary adapted functionality in the shortest possible time. Employees got quick access to corporate information:
- Display of corporate news and news of target markets.
- Addresses of the top management to the staff.
- Quick access to corporate and reference materials.
- Informing the staff about new employees through messages on the main page of the portal.
- Messages about colleagues’ birthdays and other important events.
- Storage of corporate videos and photos.
- Fast and convenient transition to external resources of the corporation.
Due to integration with the 1C Enterprise ERP system, the following has become possible:
- Prompt display of staff changes and organizational structure.
- View of the current contact information of employees.
- Quick and convenient search for information about colleagues.
From the client’s side, to enable quick access to the portal, automatic solution loading when logging in from browser was set up.
ASTARTA is planning to keep developing the internal corporate portal and implement the following:
- Multimedia display of the organizational structure, including information about each employee of the department.
- Development of personal services for employees in the personal account.
- Logistic services.
- Knowledge base.
Natalya Onyshchuk, Managing Partner of SMART business, says: “We are proud of our cooperation with ASTARTA corporation and share their values, the primary of which is care for employees. We understand how important it is for employees not only to fulfill their official duties, but also to understand the purpose of the company’s existence and share a common corporate culture. Not only does it motivate to develop and improve professional skills, but it is also a significant factor in reducing staff churn”.
To learn more about the solutions and services of SMART business,
call +38 (044) 585-35-50 or submit your request here.
Learn more about
Share this content